The URS Classic Console EQ Bundle w/S Series for Digidesign's Native systems emulates three world famous hardware EQs, and includes the URS MIX EQ. The URS A series digitally recreates the sound of an API 550B vintage four band equalizer and the URS N series recreates the sound of a Neve 1084 vintage five band equalizer (three bands plus HP and LP filters.) The URS S series emulates the SSL 4000e Console EQ.
The URS A series is a Class AB classic in every sense of the word. Each band offers seven switchable filter frequencies spanning 4 to 5 octaves. Many other EQs offer a huge assortment of complex features, but this simple classic provides the engineer with four overlapping bands for track sweetening or specific problem solving. The low and high bands are selectable peak or shelving.
The URS N series equalizer is very broad banded and musical. It is a must have tool for recording and sweetening drums and bass. In use, the EQ is smooth and silky and a little goes a long way.
The URS S series provides a six-band equalizer with four bands of EQ and low and high pass filters, with each band offers overlapping frequencies spanning 4 to 5 octaves.
The MIX EQ is a seven band equalizer, developed around the requirements of Digidesign's ICON console but not requiring it for functioning.
For much of today's music production, the URS Classic Console EQ Bundle w/S Series provides access to sound manipulation that is essential and that in the hardware-world would cost a small fortune, particularly since the user can load as many instantiations of these EQs as their system will support.
Note: URS Classic Console EQ Bundle w/S Series now includes Audio Units and VST versions for Mac and VST for Windows
- Software emulation of three classic hardware EQs
- Gain clipping indicator
- Phase Reverse switch and in/out Bypass switch
- Full 192kHz support for TDM, RTAS and AudioSuite versions
- Full ProControl, Control 24, Command 8 and Digi 002 support
URS A Series rev 1.21
- Four bands of EQ with seven center frequencies each
- Low and high bands are Peak/Shelf switchable, while the low-mid and mid-high are Peaking types
- +/- 12dB filter boost/cut, variable to 0.1dB
URS N Series rev 1.21
- Five bands of EQ
- Low and high bands are Shelving, while the mids are Peaking types
- +/- 12dB filter boost/cut, variable to 0.1dB with a "Hi-Q" button on the mid band for narrower bandwidth
URS S Series
- Four bands of EQ along with low and high pass filters
- Low and high bands are switchable shelf or bell, while the low-mid and mid-high are peaking types
URS MIX EQ
- Digitally recreates the classic analog mixing console
- Seven band equalizer that features five bands of fully parametric EQ plus High and Low Pass filters with variable slope
- Five bands overlap for track sweetening or specific problem solving. The low and high bands are Shelving or Peak for that tight low end and smooth high end