The MMC 1A from Tube Tech is a single channel recording solution, designed as a front end for any recording medium. The unit consists of a tube based microphone preamplifier with switchable loading impedance, phantom power, phase reversal and a -20dB pad.
The microphone input and output are balanced and have fully floating transformers with a static screen. The separate line input is unbalanced but an optional transformer is available. It also includes an additional direct instrument input and all inputs are equipped with a low-cut filter.
The three-band optical compressor is designed to maintain optimum summing of all three bands with flat frequency response. Two crossover filters allow for the tailoring of the three bands which are fed to three separate side chain circuits. After processing, the signals are fed to a gain control, separate for each band and then summed and send to the output gain, which controls the entire output level for all three bands.
A bypass switch shorts out the whole compressor. The power supply and the side-chain circuits are based on a solid state circuit. With the exception of the output stage all DC voltages are stabilized.
- Tube based microphone preamplifier
- Selectable microphone impedance
- Phantom power, phase reversal and 20dB pad
- Separate line input and high impedance direct input (DI)
- Switchable low cut filter on all inputs
- Three-band compressor with optical gain reduction elements and continuously variable threshold, attack and release
- Variable cross-over frequencies
- LED ladders display gain reduction for each band