The Photogenic PLR1000DRC Radio Solair 1,000W/s Monolight with PocketWizard Receiver offers speed, power and control, a wide choice of accessories and intuitive operation backed by impressive specs at a very reasonable price.
The PLR1000DRC keeps you fully informed of your power levels via its large highly readable digital display. Power settings are adjustable in 1/10 or ½ stop increments across an impressive 8 full stops. The bright 250W modeling light can be set to Proportional to let you previsualize your final shot when using multiple lights. Other settings include Full On, OFF and manual control of the modeling light output. The PLR1000DRC Radio Solair even allows 2 or 3 shot bracketing around your prime exposure.
The PLR1000DRC recycles to full power in a lightning-fast 3.0 seconds at full power and 0.8 seconds at minimum power with short flash durations that help you stop every gesture, an attribute which is extremely valuable when working with kinetic subjects like dancers or athletes.
Convenience features include a test button, optical slave and integral handle. A PocketWizard radio remote is built into that handle so that you can say goodbye to tripping over PC cords in favor of wireless triggering of your PowerLight from distances up to 1,600'. The UV color corrected flash tube ensures that blue doesn't creep into your color balance on subjects like a bride in her gown. It also ensures natural, flattering skin tones. The PLR1000DRC comes with a 7.5" reflector and is compatible with a wide range of optional accessories including grids, snoots, parabolic reflectors, softboxes and umbrellas.
- Eight Stop Power Range
- Power levels are displayed in easy-to-read LED digits allowing settings from 7.8W/s to 1,000W/s in 1/10 or 1/2 stop increments
- Fast Recycling
- The PLR1000DRC recycles to full power (1,000W/s) in only 3.0 seconds and 0.8 sec. at minimum power to catch even the most fleeting gestures
- Modeling Light
- The PLR1000DRC's bright 250W quartz modeling lamp offers independent power control that is adjustable from full to 1/128 power in 1/10 or 1/2 stop increments. Settings include Proportional, to previsualize lighting effects, Manual adjustment or Full On or Off
- Flash Bracketing
- Flash bracketing is a great time-saving feature especially when you'd like to shoot at a specific f/stop. You can set up your Solair for 2 or 3 shot bracketing over or under the prime exposure
- Remote Triggering
- The PLR1000DRC has a built-in PocketWizard receiver that will allow you to trigger your flash from up to 1,600' away. If it can perform like that in the field, just think of how it will handle the confines of your studio. It also has a built-in, highly sensitive, switchable optical slave for synchronization with other flashes
- Low Trigger Voltage
- Digital cameras can be used with Photogenic monolights without fear of damage to the camera's electronics
- User Replaceable UV Flashtube
- No tools are required to replace this "plug & play" flashtube. The UV coating ensures clean whites and flattering flesh tones
- Ready Indication
- Audio and ready light indicators let you know when the flash is fully charged
- Auto Dump Function
- When reducing the power output, excess flash power in the capacitors is released before exposure to insure consistent performance
- Fan Cooled
- A low noise, high performance fan keeps the flash head's electronics cool while lengthening the flash tube's and the modeling light's lives
- Safety Features
- The PLR1000DRC incorporates surge protection to handle power spikes and internal thermal protection which monitors heat generated during intense use
- System Compatibility
- The PLR1000DRC Radio Solair is compatible with all Photogenic Quick-Change light shaping accessories