The Wireless-G Broadband Router with SpeedBooster from Linksys combines the functions of a Cable/DSL router and a wireless access point into one compact device. The router allows you to share your internet connection between several computers that can connect via a standard 802.11b/g wireless connection or via any of 4 wired RJ-45 ethernet ports.
The router also features a firewall to protect you from malicious software that can attack your computer from the internet, as well as wireless security to insure that your data remains private.
The router can achieve speeds of 54 Mbps via a standard 802.11g wireless connection and it is also fully backward compatible with devices that use the older 11 Mbps 802.11b standard. These features make the wireless router a great way to add wireless access to your home network.
- SpeedBooster can improve your wireless throughput up to 35%, even when communicating with standard 802.11g devices. Since it uses a dedicated channel, SpeedBooster will not have an adverse effect on other wireless devices running in the same frequency range. SpeedBooster is an excellent choice for users who would like to increase their wireless performance without having to replace all of their adapters and without having to worry about their wireless LAN interfering with other 2.4 GHz devices.
- Wired and Wireless Connections
- In addition to providing wireless capabilities, the router has 4 standard 10/100 Mbps RJ-45 ethernet ports to allow you to connect computers and devices that do not have a wireless card installed. This gives you the ability to simply plug in your desktop computer to the router while accessing your network wirelessly via your laptop.
- 54 Mbps Speed
- The 802.11g protocol allows for data rates of up to 54 Mbps when used with other 802.11g devices. The router is also fully backwards compatible with the older 11 Mbps 802.11b protocol and up to four devices can be connected via wired RJ-45 connections at 100 Mbps.
- Firewall and Network Security
- The router features a powerful firewall to help protect your computer against malicious attacks that often target computers connected to the internet. Additionally the router features network security to protect your data as it is transmitted wirelessly, ensuring that outsiders can't access your private data.