The Plume 13' diameter J-Umbrella is a portable, easily assembled, easily transported BIG umbrella. Jumbrella is also a giant graduated ring light, or a 3D silk.
As a giant umbrella, position the telescoping boom and light spigot as you wish - either to fill the umbrella with even light or to direct the light only one part or half of the Jumbrella allowing the remaining surface to act as a concave graduating reflector - with your camera position is front of Jumbrella , you have created a giant attenuated ring light on your subject.
- Travels Well
- Features a patented tensioned "tent" frame whose folding spokes hinge back at their mid-point to reduce total travel size to that similar to a golf bag or slightly longer. A carry bag is included.
- Suggested Use #1
- Affix a small translucent umbrella to the lighthead on the central boom resulting in hard/soft "single core" lighting. Conversely, aim several light sources into different parts of the black/silver Jumbrella's curving surface for multiple sized soft sources of light.
- Suggested Use #2
- Retract the central boom and use multiple light sources on extra light stands to simply increase total light output from a single soft source or to use different types of light sources.
- Suggested Use #3
- Invert the translucent Jumbrella into a hemispheric translucent "bowl" or "Chinese lantern" which, when used with an "open faced" light source (HMI, incandescent or flash) will create a soft 360° hemisphere of light.
- More Detailed Assembly Instructions
- Click Here.