The Tascam HD-P2 is a lightweight, moderately priced professional 2-channel stereo field recorder. The machine records to Compact Flash and Microdrive storage media, and writes the audio in the Broadcast Wave File format.
The HD-P2 is equipped with comprehensive SMPTE and Video synchronization, Firewire connectivity for seamless file transfer to DAW applications, and a transparent user interface with familiar tape machine-style transports.
The HD-P2 also features a large, backlit LCD display, phantom power for condenser microphones, and a separate headphone amplifier with a dedicated volume control.
- Portable stereo high definition recorder with up to 24-bit/192kHz resolution, Firewire and Time Code; 8 x "AA" Alkaline or Rechargeable NiCad or NiMH battery operation
- Supports CF card capacities from 512MB to 8GB with total of 13.5 hrs. at 16-bit/44.1kHz, 2 hrs. at 24-bit/192kHz on 8GB card
- Front panel system and transport control or PS/2 keyboard input; familiar tape machine-type transport and large 240 x 160-dot backlit display
- Jog/Shuttle data wheel, separate headphone amp and volume control, dedicated input level and Main volume controls
- Built-in limiter, 48V phantom power, -20dB Pad, High-pass filter and 10-second pre-record buffer
- Writes audio to Compact Flash and Microdrive in Broadcast WAVE File (BWF) format for simplified universal transfer to DAW editing and post production software applications
- Windows XP and MAC OSX v.10.13 compatible
- Coaxial SPDIF digital I/O, Time Code in, Video and Word Clock In, Firewire output for seamless digital audio, video and DAW integration
- Sample Clock refs include SPDIF, NTSC or PAL Video, LTC and Word; comprehensive SMPTE frame rate support
- Timestamps Broadcast WAVE recordings from SMPTE input, chase locks to incoming SMPTE timecode, Video clock input resolves to house clock
- Tri-level sync support for HDTV applications, includes Frame Lock, Lock and Release and flexible Freewheel settings for erratic timecode sources; Pull-up and Pull-down sample rates included
- XLR Mic/Line inputs, RCA Line in/out, built-in mono microphone and speaker for desktop interview applications