The Wimberley WH-200 Gimbal Tripod Head II with Quick Release Base is a gimbal-type tripod head that incorporates an elevated tilt mechanism and adjustable platform to make the camera/lens' center of gravity and tilt axis of the head be perfectly aligned.
Things once thought of as impossible with a ballhead are nothing short of mundane with a Wimberley, because a weightless camera/lens combo (even a 600mm f/4 w/ large body) can literally be controlled with one finger. Point the rig where you want and take the hand away, and it stays exactly where you put it.
The Version II head is more compact and lightweight, features a redesigned panning base, "soft-touch" knobs, and includes a built-in Arca-type quick release base. An Arca-style quick-release plate is required and is available separately. Visit lens chart for a chart of compatible lens plates and cameras.
- The built-in industry-standard Arca-Swiss style quick release clamp makes it compatible with the many different plates available from Arca-Swiss, Acratech , Kirk, Wimberly, Really Right Stuff, Foba, etc.
- The head does not have separate controls for tension and locking, but the locking controls deliver smooth resistance with diminished "stick-slip".
The overall height of the head is 9.25" (23.5cm), with the lens platform adjustable from 3.5" to 7.1" (8.9 x 18cm). The centerline of a balanced lens will be approximately 8.4" (21.3cm) above the bottom of the head.
Distance from the mounting surface of the platform to the tilt axis: Adjustable from 1.1" to 4.8" (2.8 to 12.2cm).
- The head's redesigned panning base has zero play and the pan locking knob has been moved to the side of the head; this allows the user to easily operate both knobs with the same hand.
- Lobed "soft-touch" knobs provide a more comfortable grip and perform better when using gloves.
- Powder coated/anodized finish
- Made in the U.S.A.