The JDV Mk3 Super DI from Radial Engineering is a Class A, active direct box that approaches the issue of recording guitar or bass in a unique way. With professionals in mind, the unit is comprised of three zones with two selectable inputs, three instrument outputs, a tuner-out and a balanced output for the console. These zones allow the musician to work within their own unique environment while providing the engineer with the ultimate in sonic performance.
Dual inputs allow two instruments to be used without having to reconnect. The outputs include a standard thru-put for a traditional amplifier, two unity-gain auxiliary outputs to drive a stereo rig, effect device or simply more amps and a designated tuner output that is outside the primary audio signal chain. For the engineer, a standard balanced XLR output provides the dry instrument signal to track.
The unit employs feed-forward Class-A circuit (no feedback loops) with 30-Volt internal rails to produce maximum headroom and deliver ultra-low harmonic, phase and inter-modulation distortion. The result is significantly greater detail, minimal coloration and improved depth and spectral imaging.
To capture the natural essence of the instrument, the JDV is equipped with "Drag" control, a load correction circuit that reintroduces the natural tone that is lost when connecting instruments to buffered circuits. A pad on the output ensures the JDV will not overload a mixer. As a unity gain device, the JDV will accept huge input levels and send them through without restriction.
The unit is built to withstand the abuse of the road. The book-cover design features an internal 14-gauge steel skeleton and the design protects the switches, control and jacks providing years of trouble-free performance.
- Active direct box with Class-A feed forward design
- Dual inputs and flexible output routing with dedicated tuner output that keeps the tuner outside the primary audio signal chain
- Allows for complex amplifier and effect setups
- "Drag" control to recreate guitar to amplifier relationship
- Virtually zero phase distortion with ultra low intermodulation distortion
- Variable impedance to 3.9 MΩ
- 30-Volt internal rail voltage
- A full bottom no-skid pad provides mechanical and electrical isolation