The JD6 from Radial Engineering is a six-channel passive direct box that has been specifically designed to address the needs of concert touring, while being equally at home in the studio. The unit houses six completely independent Jensen transformer isolated channels that provide minimal cross-talk and maximum protection against noise, 60 cycle hum and buzz. Each channel exhibits virtually zero phase distortion and a true linear performance from 20Hz up.
For use in the studio, channels 1 and 2 have been outfitted with extra features and connections to simplify interfacing with computers, CD players, video machines and the usual musical instruments. A merge function converts the input and thru output jacks to left and right inputs and mixes them to mono at the XLR. A high-frequency roll-off filter is expressly designed to reduce noise from CRT and LCD screens and older, noise prone vintage gear.
Channels 1 and 2 feature 1/4" switching jacks with front channel priority. This is useful when wishing to connect a guest bass player or alternate keyboard through the JD6 without having to reconfigure the cabling system. All six channels feature a -15dB pad, a 180° polarity reverse that flips pin-2 and pin-3 on the XLR to interface with older pre-AES standard equipment or for creative combinations. A ground lift switch is also available on every channel.
- Six independent Jensen transformer isolated, passive direct boxes in a single rack space enclosure
- Ultra linear performance from 10Hz to 40kHz
- Equally suited for on-the-road applications and the studio environment
- Eliminates hum and buzz caused by ground loops
- Flexible connectivity extends the usefulness of the unit
- ID Labels for use with wax pencils makes setups and troubleshooting easy
- No battery or phantom-power required