The Radial Twin-Iso is a balanced two-channel, line-level isolator that has been specifically developed for professional touring systems as a means to eliminate hum and buzz caused by ground loops when interfacing various equipment such as two consoles, remote towers and drive racks.
Central to the unit is the use of Jensen audio transformers. These assure the very best signal transfer without distortion caused by saturation or phase shift. All connections are balanced XLR following the AES standard with pin-1 ground and pin-2 hot.
To add versatility, a polarity reverse switch is provided for each channel to ensure absolute phase is maintained throughout the audio signal path.
- Isolated XLR connectors eliminate chassis ground potential and high grade switches ensure long life and reliable performance.
- Pair of Jensen audio transformers provide 100% isolation to eliminate hum and noise causing ground loops.
- Military spec PC board with full surface ground plane to reduce susceptibility to RF noise.
- Designed to withstand the rigors of high-use professional environments, the innovative "book-end" design provides a protective zone around the switches and connectors that keep these components safe.
- Stress on circuitboards causes broken and intermittent solder joints, a common cause of failure in commercial rental and other high-use environments. The unit's 14-gauge welded I-beam inner chassis and 14-gauge outer shell greatly reduce the possibility of torque stresses being applied to the PC board.
- A full-bottom no-slip rubber pad works double duty by providing protection from electrical shock and assuring that the unit won't slip and slide around.