The Miller Solo DV Alloy Tripod with DS-20 Fluid Head is a capable, comprehensive kit for the Mini-DV/DVCAM shooter on the run. Whether you are shooting ENG, EFP, or an independent feature, you'll appreciate the simplicity and ease of setup of the Solo alloy legs, and the adaptability of the DS-20 fluid head.
The DS20 fluid head mounts with an industry-standard 75 mm half-ball, and uses oversized sliding camera plates which, in conjunction with the two-position counterbalance, afford perfect camera balance. Pan and tilt movements are governed with continuously variable fluid drag, and reliably locked off with independent, positive-lock caliper brakes.
Solo alloy legs are unbraced, yet unexpectedly rigid thanks to a beefy magnesium spider with integrated 75 mm leveling bowl and oversized aluminum alloy leg tubes. Sections extend with ease and lock reliably throughout the 12-63" (30.5-160.0 cm) extension range with rubber-coated locking sleeves on both stages. Terazzo tile? Loose sand? No problem- just wind down the rubber feet for delicate surfaces, and wind them up to reveal steel spikes for soft footings.
As a system, the Solo DV/DS20 blends simplicity with finesse into a solid, dependable unit. Seasoned videographers and rank amateurs alike will appreciate the liberty of concentrating on their shots, not worrying about their support!
- Stepped, true fluid-dampened pan and tilt movements
- Two-position selectable counterbalance
- Positive-lock caliper braking system
- Oversized sliding quick-release camera plate for optimal balance
- Universal 75 mm ball leveling mount
- Rigid, dependable aluminum and magnesium alloy construction
- Wide 12-63" height range
- Three position fixed leg stops
- Solid sleeve-style rotary leg locks
- Retractable rubber feet and spikes