The JBL LSR4326P is a robust (28 lbs.), biamplified, 2-way studio monitor speaker, housed in a sturdy, handsome cabinet with a dark graphite finish and a carefully damped and baffled interior. The 6.25" Neodymium woofer and Waveguide-controlled 1" silk dome tweeter are powered by 150 and 70 Watt amplifiers, respectively.
The LSR4326P features a uniquely ambitious front and rear panel set of tune and tone controls, that borders on the fanatical in sheer statistical density. We are now recording and mixing in some strange and wonderful places, and these places may foster and nurture the creative spirit, but for critical listening these places often need sound treatment, and it doesn't get done. And that is why JBL has stocked the LSR4326P with knobs,switches and a remote control - to help us get good mixes in poor acoustic environments.
Now, all of this compensation for room modes, nodes, and standing waves, in bright, boomy, dull, fluttery, boxy, cavernous rooms, and all the other environmental acoustic aberrations that can make mixing a sad experience, does not come cheaply. But, the LSR4326P is designed very much for an age where a lot of music is recorded outside of the "proper" recording studio, and this speaker provides a certain reassurance that no matter where, and how strange, the space you're working in really is, you can fix it in the mix.
- Magnetically shielded bi-amplified nearfield monitors for project or commercial recording and mixing
- Advanced Linear Spatial Reference design for flat off-axis response and greater clarity at the mix position
- RMC(TM) Room Mode Correction provides electronic control of room modes, "tunes" speaker to acoustic characteristics of recording and mixing space
- HiQnet(TM) Network Protocol enables multi-speaker, multi-room system-wide control of level, EQ, input selection and other general speaker functions
- Wireless Remote control and LSR4300 Control Center software enables remote control from listening position
- 31-segment dBFS front panel LED meter and setting display with -70dBFS to 0dBFS scale plus CLIP
- 5 rear panel LED indicators for active input and digital stream selection
- Integrated 150-watt LF, 70-watt HF speaker-matched bi-amplification with factory calibrated sensitivities
- 1" silk dome tweeter with Elliptical Oblate Spheroidal waveguide for precise pattern control
- 6.5" woofer with efficient Neodymium magnet and 1.5" voice coil
- 24-bit/96kHz digital inputs and processing with AES and SPDIF Digital I/O's
- Balanced XLR and 1/4" TRS Analog inputs
- Magnetically shielded for close-proximity use with computer and video monitors
- Reinforced enclosure and mounting points for installation, integral handles for simplified positioning