Create great looking, functional menus with Apple's Designing Menus with DVD Studio Pro. This full-color book offers an insider's tour of the application! You get all the essentials, including a concise description of the relevant DVD specifications and real-world tutorial projects that demonstrate how you can:
In addition to tutorial media and design goodies, the DVD contains templates essential to the design process, including usability and research documents.
About the Author: John Skidgel is a traditionally trained graphic designer with over twelve years of experience in software design. His award-winning interface designs were featured in the book Information Architects. He is the author of Designing Menus with Encore DVD, and resides in Berkeley, CA.
Alex Alexzander is a systems analyst, technology and creative writer, DVD author and editor who is widely published on web tutorial sites and digital media community forums. He is a forum host and contributing editor for the Creative Cow forum site. He resides in San Francisco, CA.
- The book features real-world tutorial projects that demonstrate how to get fast, professional results, add Hollywood features to a DVD, and streamline production while maintaining a creative edge
- It also shows how to create a wide variety of menu styles, automate image production, customize menus, construct seamless motion menus, and much more
Create exciting Menu designs
- Get fast, professional results
- Add Hollywood features to your DVD
- Streamline production while maintaining a creative edge
Master the Principles of Interface Design
- How menus are structured on a DVD disc
- Strategies for designing menus
- How to design interaction and visuals
- The relative merits of still vs. motion menus
Optimize Your Tools
- Create still, layered, and motion menus using Photoshop and Motion
- Define menu navigation and remote control functions
- Add Setup Menus
- Optimize and output the final project