The FeQ-50 from Summit Audio is a passive, 4-band parametric equalizer with each of the bands having 6 switch-selectable frequencies. Passive circuitry excels at rich harmonic content and phase coherency, resulting in a musically satisfying sonic experience.
The low- and high-bands can switch between peaking and shelving filters, while the low-mid and high-mid bands can switch between narrow and wide bandwidths. A switchable high-pass filter fixed at 30Hz with a gentle 6dB/octave roll-off to reduce rumble is also included. The unit features a total of 4 outputs, -10dBV and +4dBu vacuum tube outputs and -10dVB and +4dBu solid state outputs and all are available simultaneously.
Although high quality inductors and high value capacitors are used in the audio path, by creative and thoughtful engineering, the company was able to fit the components in into a very compact 1U half rack chassis while keeping the cost down. The result is a rich and accessible passive equalizer, simple yet versatile that delivers the traditional sonic quality of a Summit Audio product.
- Beautiful sounding passive EQ with both tube and solid state outputs (4 total)
- Fully passive design with no amplifier in filter circuit
- 4 frequency bands with +/-14dB cut and boost
- 6 switch-selectable frequencies per band
- Separate, bypassable high-pass filter
- Master bypass
- Single, high-voltage 12AX7A/ECC83 vacuum tube
- Internal power supply