Meade's 12" Lightbridge telescope is a Dobsonian design that gathers lots of light in a package that is supremely portable. Dobsonians are simply Newtonian-type reflector telescopes with ground-based roller bearing mounts, and the best of the breed have trusses connecting the portions containing the reflecting mirror & focuser. The 12" Lightbridge does just that, so that you could quite easily pack the entire system into the trunk of a small car and drive to where skies and sightlines are the darkest & longest.
The 12" Lightbridge advantages don't stop with its highly travellable design. Optics are truly diffraction limited, with aluminum coatings and a magnesium fluoride overcoat. The broad 2.00" focuser has a tensioning knob and lock designed to give you complete control. And the 12" Lightbridge is highly durable, making the ultimate scope for those whom desire great brightness on the go. The performance upon deep sky objects with the 12" aperture will open new arenas of observing that you'll likley have never before encountered.
This is the Deluxe version of the 12" Lightbridge telescope, which adds 4 options (with variable illumination) for the Red Dot finderscope and steel roller bearings for the mount's RA axis.
- Compacts into easily-traveled package
- 2" Crayford-style focuser (with adapter to accept 1.25" eyepiece)
- Incorporated primary mirror cooling fan shortens time to thermal equilibrium
- Eyepiece usually remains in a comfortable position
- Included Red Dot finderscope with variable illumination
- Included PC-compatible software package
- Built-in eyepiece tray holds one 2" and three 1.25" optics