The Wireless-G PCI Adapter for Desktop Computers from Linksys is a PCI expansion card that adds 802.11g wireless networking capabilities to your computer. When used with other 802.11g equipment the card can transfer data at speeds up to 54 Mbps. It is also fully backwards compatible with older 802.11b hardware, although communications will only be at 11 Mbps when transferring data via 802.11b. This adapter is a convenient way to add wireless networking capability to your desktop PC.
- It's More Versatile With Wireless G
- Wireless-G can run up to 5 times faster than the popular Wireless-B (802.11b) products. The great thing about the advanced configuration of Wireless G is that it runs on the same 2.4 GHz radio band as Wireless-B, which means that 802.11g devices can also work with existing 11 Mbps 802.11b equipment.
- The Science of IEEE 802.11g/b Technology
- The IEEE 802.11g/b Wireless capabilities of the Wireless-G PCI Adapter provide the best wireless access point signals and are industry-leaders in network connectivity. These 802.11g/b modes allow your network to access a signal at multiple points, thereby increasing the chance of a strong connection every time.
- Ultra Secure Connection
- Equipped with the highest industry-standard encryption, the Wireless-G Adapter features 64- and 128-WEP, WPA, and CCX 2.0 security protection. When using encryption it is safe to transmit sensitive data, such as a credit card number for an online transaction, over your wireless network.