The Fostex MR8 is an eight-track portable, battery-operated Digital Workstation/Recorder that uses a Compact Flash card as the storage medium of choice, and unlike many competitive models of this type, there are no restrictions on the capacity of the card - all current sizes are supported.
The MR8 analog inputs include two XLR Mic and two 1/4" Phone jacks, called "Guitar Inputs", which in fact support both Line and Hi-Impedance Instrument feeds. Both input sets are supported by the appropriate Simulator Effect inserts, offering both Mic and Amp presets. A built-in mic is also available. The work surface is graciously packed with dedicated knobs, faders and buttons; the musician/engineer is refreshingly unencumbered with sub-menus and mysterious multi-function buttons.
The MR8 sets a standard for value, ease of operation and portability. This unit is ideal for songwriter/musicians and bands on a budget but desiring a larger track count and a more produced and professional demo presentation. The AA battery operation and light weight of the unit offer additional benefits to remote recordists in the Film, Video and Broadcast fields as well.
- Eight-Track Portable Recorder
- High Track Count, Small Size
- Built-In Effects
- Large selection of Reverberators, Delays and Dynamics Effect Processing is available; Mastering Effects Group Available on separate Buss
- Amp and Microphone Simulators
- Mic types include Dynamic, Condenser and Tube; Amp types include Brit Stack, US Metal and 60's Combo
- S/PDIF and USB Outputs
- Flexible Connectivity with Computers, DATs, and CDRs
- Familiar Analog Work Surface
- Dedicated Faders, Knobs and Buttons facilitate operation
- Mic and Line Inputs for Professional Connectivity
- XLR and 1/4" inputs for wide compatibility
- Flexible Power
- The unit can operate via wall power or from six AA batteries