The HHB FlashMic DRM85 is an ingenious solution for the field journalist or sample-gathering musician, that is essentially an omnidirectional condenser microphone with a built-in 1GB flash memory recorder, powered by 2 "AA" batteries.
The FlashMic DRM85 audio, recorded as Linear PCM or MPEG 1 Layer 2 data, is written to memory in either the BWF uncompressed or .mp2 compressed file formats. A total of 18 hrs. of recording time is available in the low-res compressed format.
The FlashMic DRM85 is further equipped with a small, clear LCD, and a 1.1 or 2.0 compliant mini-USB port, enabling quick and simplified data transfer to a computer for editing and consolidation. A headphone output with a dedicated volume control is available as well.
- Portable, battery operated integrated omnidirectional condenser microphone and flash memory mono field recorder
- 1GB Flash memory for digital audio data, maximum record time of over 18 hours
- Rugged Sennheiser microphone with minimized handling noise, microphone preamplifier with full manual or automatic gain control (AGC)
- Simple mode of operation where presets from external PC/Mac templates can be recalled, Expert mode of operation where all variables are accessible on the FlashMic
- 9 user templates can be configured externally using supplied FlashMic Manager PC/Mac software CD-ROM
- Records linear 32 or 48kHz, or MPEG 1 Layer 2 encoded audio (128- 384 kbps); pre-record buffer adjustable from 0-10 seconds
- Linear PCM uncompressed and MPEG 1 Layer 2 compressed recording, writes audio as broadcast .wav files (linear, with time stamp) or .mp2 MPEG encoded file formats
- USB-Interface for transfer of audio data (configured as a mass storage device), also used for configuration presets and FlashMic firmware updates
- Switchable 12dB/octave at 100Hz high pass filter, LCD display with backlight for time, level and status information
- Headphone amplifier with volume control, 2 x "AA" battery operation with 6 hr. battery life