Meade now brings to market a sophisticated Catadioptric optical design favored by research facilities worldwide at a price many enthusiasts can afford. Most professional applications are this style telescope or a gargantuan apochromatic refractor. Meade's 16" LX200-ACF provides an enormous deep space aperture in a complete package appropriate for professional and advanced amateur observers.
- Advanced f/10.0 Optics
- Advanced catadioptric optics perfect for demanding research and enthusiast imaging
- GPS Receiver Sensor
- The LX200 features a Sony® GPS receiver sensor, which automatically inputs ultra-exact time, date & location values to quickly align the telescope with remarkable precision; down to one arc minute!
- Smart Mount & Smart Drive Technology
- By constantly refining the pointing accuracy each time an object is centered and updated, Meade's Smart Mount & Smart Drive technologies provide permanent periodic error corrections (PPEC) on both axes by learning and averaging errors over the course of one or more training periods, to minimize guiding corrections during long-exposure astrophotography.
- Zero Image Shift Microfocuser & Primary Mirror Lock
- The LX200 has incredibly fine focusing, and the primary mirror can be locked in place to benefit long-exposure astrophotography.
- This version of the 16" LX200 includes the "SUPER GIANT" field tripod, adjustable from 40-50" (102-127 cm), and uses AC power.