Meade now brings to market a sophisticated catadioptric optical design favored by research facilities worldwide at a price many enthusiasts can afford. Most professional applications are this style telescope or a gargantuan apochromatic refractor. Meade's 12.0" LX200R with UHTC coatings provides a deep space aperture in a size that can be transported within a typical vehicle by a single person, and gives all this in a complete package within reach of many an observer.
Note: This is ONLY an optical tube assembly, and does not include a mount, tripod, eyepiece or star diagonal.
- Advanced f/10.0 Optics
- Advanced catadioptric optics perfect for demanding research and enthusiast imaging
- Zero Image Shift Microfocuser & Primary Mirror Lock
- The LX200 has incredibly fine focusing, and the primary mirror can be locked in place to benefit long-exposure astrophotography.
- UHTC Ultra High Transmission Coatings
- UHTC Ultra High Transmission Coatings are an important feature to optimize the performance of your Meade telescope. Technologies developed at the Meade Irvine coatings facility have optimized the visual and photographic performance of Meade telescopes. The UHTC coatings, employed upon all optical surfaces, result in a 20% decrease in light loss and a dramatic enhancement in detail of deep space objects.