The Glacier 8x42 from Meade is a reasonably priced binocular that compares favorably to many higher-priced offerings. Sporting a rubber-coated body that's fully protected against the elements, fully multicoated lenses, and BAK4 roof prisms for a clear view - this binocular is a serious companion for every outdoor adventure.
Eyeglass wearers will appreciate the lengthy eye relief, and naturalists will admire this fine optic's close-focusing capability. A wider field of view, steady hand-held viewing, and excellent twilight performance are all benefits of its moderate yet favorable 8x magnification.
- Close focusing capability - 6.0' / 1.8 m
- Fully multi-coated lenses reduce flare and glare
- 42mm Objective provides enhanced light transmission
- Phase coated BAK4 prisms for increased light throughput
- Rubber armored body for a sure grip and added protection.
- 8x magnification offers steady hand-held viewing and a wide FOV
- Nitrogen purged and o-ring sealed for water and fogproof performance
- Twist-up eye cups and long eye relief provide added comfort and ease of use