The mini Hard Drive & Hub 500 GB External Hard Drive from LaCie is a high-capacity drive with an interface that allows it to be connected via USB 2.0 or FireWire-400 and a rotation speed of 7200 rpm. Built in FireWire-400 and USB 2.0 hubs allow you to connect peripheral devices directly to the hard drive, giving you extra connections where you need them the most. The drive is housed in a durable external casing that is designed to fit directly underneath your Mac mini.
The drive features quiet operation, with heat dissipation being achieved by a natural airflow between the drive and the computer. With sustained data transfer rates of 40 MB/sec using FireWire-400 and 34 MB/sec using USB 2.0, this drive is an excellent solution for video editing, high-resolution imaging, data backup or general storage.
- 500 GB Capacity
- 500 GB of capacity allows for storage of approximately 37.5 hours of uncompressed DV digital video, the equivalent of 106 4.7 GB DVD-Video discs, or up to 125,000 MP3 files.
- Designed for Mac mini
- The drive is designed to fit underneath a Mac mini, giving you a compact and aesthetically pleasing way to add storage to your computer.
- Dual Interface
- The drive easily connects to any computer with a USB 2.0 or FireWire-400 interface, making it easy to add to most workstations.
- Intelligent Cooling System
- The drive is designed so that there is a gap between the Mac mini and the drive itself when they are stacked, providing a natural air flow between the drives that prevents overheating.
- Hot Swappable
- The drive is hot swappable and plug and play, so there is no need to turn off your computer while connecting or disconnecting it.
- Compact Size
- The drive's 6.5 x 6.5" footprint makes it ideal for users with limited desk space.
- Backup Software
- LaCie '1-Click' Backup software for Mac and Windows is included in the drive, which will allow you to use it to help you backup your main system drive, minimizing downtime in case of a drive failure.
- Built-In Hubs
- The drive features a built-in 2-port FireWire-400 hub and a built-in USB 2.0 4-port hub, allowing you to add more USB or FireWire devices to your computer without having to buy a separate hub.