The Tyros2 from Yamaha is an advanced, professional 61-key arranger workstation keyboard. Ideal for live performances and recording applications, the Tyros2 offers a plethora of easy-to-use features including realistic voices, hard disk recording capabilities, video output, and Internet connectivity. Designed to be taken on the road, the Tyros2 is fairly lightweight and compact for easy storage and transportation.
Yamaha's Super Articulation technology brings a high level of realism and authenticity to live playing on the Tyros2. Subtle touches such as guitar finger-slides and breathy saxophone phrasing create a convincing sound that can be played without any special technique. To help you get the most out of each voice, a detailed information window can be displayed on the built-in LCD.
MegaVoice technology provides sonic realism primarily intended for MIDI recording. The MegaVoices make use of velocity switching, creating totally different sounds in different velocity ranges. An example of this would be a guitar MegaVoice, which would offer various performance techniques at different velocities. This level of velocity precision makes live MegaVoice playing difficult, but it is perfect for programming realistic MIDI tracks.
The Tyros2 also offers direct recording to an optional, user-installed internal hard disk. You can record your voice or an instrument as a pristine stereo audio file and mix the file with existing Tyros2 sounds. If desired, the sound files can be computer-edited and re-imported to the Tyros2 for excellent precision.
Voice Creator and Voice Set provide tools for creating your own voices, with complete control along the way. Import your own samples, edit the sounds, and assign the new voices to any keys you wish. 4MB of sample RAM is included, and you can expand the capacity up to 1GB - plenty of storage for WAV and AIFF samples.
Two online music services are available for users of the Tyros2. Using a USB to LAN adapter (available separately), Internet Direct Connection (IDC) allows the keyboard to access the Internet without a PC to find thousands of MIDI songs on Yamaha's custom website, which can be downloaded and played back on the Tyros2. Digital Music Notebook (DMN) is an online music library and learning/performance program for your computer that offers thousands of songs for download and printing. You can also play the songs back on your Tyros2 and display notation on the built-in LCD.
- Compact and Lightweight
- The 61-key workstation is fairly lightweight and compact, making it easy to take on the road or store in a studio.
- Professional Keyboard Action
- The professional FSX keyboard action is smooth, fast, and responsive. It is also equipped with initial touch and after touch for a dynamic response that responds to the strength at which you play the keys - just like an acoustic piano.
- Super Articulation Technology
- Super Articulation brings a high level of realism to your live playing by adding subtle nuances such as guitar finger-slides and breathy saxophone phrasing without requiring any special playing technique. Forty-two Super Articulation voices are built-in for a wide range of instruments.
- MegaVoice Technology
- Eighteen velocity-sensitive MegaVoices are included for realistic instrumentation of your MIDI recordings. Each voice offers a range of sounds, which are expressed depending on the velocity at which keys are played.
- Voices and Effects
- After Super Articulation and MegaVoice, over 500 realistic voices are included to cover practically every instrument category on the planet. A full set of DSP effects such as reverb, chorus, and EQ are available for enhancement and customization of the voices.
- Accompaniment Styles and Multipads
- Four hundred built-in backing styles are provided with the Tyros2, each with 15 "sections" that can be called up with the touch of a backlit button. Real time controls let you perform fully-arranged songs instantly and intuitively. For that bit of extra spice, 120 multipads offer a variety of phrases and loops that can be quickly triggered while playing.
- Style Creation
- The 400 built-in styles aren't your limit for accompaniment. Using the Style Creator, you can create original styles or change the content of existing ones. Separate styles can also be combined to create an all-new sound.
- Hard Disk Recording
- You may install a 2.5" internal IDE hard disk into the Tyros2, which can then be used to record and play back stereo files from a microphone or instrument. If desired, the files can be edited on a computer and re-imported into the Tyros2 to be mixed with the built-in sounds.
- Custom Sampling
- Voice Creator and Voice Set provide you with all the tools needed to create custom samples. You have full control of recording, editing, and assigning keys to build new voices for your Tyros2. 4MB of sample RAM is included, which can be expanded to 1GB using standard computer RAM. Samples can also be stored on the optional internal hard disk.
- Internet Connectivity and Service
- Internet Direct Connection (IDC) allows you to use an optional USB to LAN adapter to connect the Tyros2 directly to the Internet without a computer, where it can access a library of thousands of MIDI songs that can be downloaded for playback. Digital Music Notebook (DMN) is an online library and learning/performance program that is accessed from your computer. The DMN catalog has thousands of songs that can be downloaded, printed, played back on the Tyros2, and displayed as notation on the LCD.
- MIDI Sequencer
- The built-in 16-track MIDI sequencer provides the ultimate ease in recording your live performance. A step record feature also lets you program each note individually. Easy record mode lets you include accompaniment styles for instantly recording fully-arranged songs. Editing functions are also included for cleaning up those occasional mistakes.
- Color Display
- A large 620 x 480 color LCD with adjustable angle and contrast is built into the Tyros2 for displaying settings, lyrics, and more.
- Video Output
- Video outputs allow you to connect an external display or projector to display lyrics to a large group.
- Two USB to Device connectors are provided for connecting flash drives or USB-based hard disks for storage. A USB to Host connector allows connection to a computer.
- One Touch Settings
- Four programmable, backlit buttons are included for customized styles. Select the style you want, press one of the One Touch Setting buttons and the Tyros2 instantly reconfigures itself with the appropriate voices and effects.
- Music Finder
- Over 1800 preset records are available, each with specially selected voice and style settings, designed to take the guesswork out of which settings are needed for a particular genre.
- Learning Functions
- Features for song learning and karaoke are included, such as Follow Lights, which has a bouncing ball that shows you what notes to play in real time. Any Key pauses song playback and waits for you to play the correct notes before moving on. Karao-Key and Vocal CueTime are sing-a-long tools that offer control over playback and voice monitoring tools to help you learn to sing.
- From adding USB storage to internal hard drives and additional sample RAM, the Tyros2 can also be connected to the TRSMS02 speaker system for monitoring or performance. A MIDI foot controller is also available for hands-free operation.