The Seacam underwater housing for the Canon 1DS Mark II, 1D Mark II and 1D Mark II N digital cameras is designed for the professional underwater photographer. The silver surface technology eliminates varnished chip-prone surfaces with a salt-water resistant double hardened and compressed aluminum casting, combining innovation with impeccable machine work. Modern production methods are utilized in conjunction with hand finishing, making each Seacam housing a work of art. The rugged housing has double O-ring seals on all control shafts for watertight integrity. A 3.5mm thick main O-ring sits in a precisely machined groove. The high-grade spring-mounted quick-clasps remain under full tension, unaffected by depth and pressure considerations.
Seacam housings are designed to fit the palm of the hand, with controls falling naturally to the fingertips. Underwater the housing is slightly negative. So it will not float away, but it is light enough to avoid fatiguing the photographer. The ergonomic design of the individual operating elements is contrived so that hands rarely need to be removed from the grips, unless one-handed operation is preferred.
The housing features LCD color monitor display, back display, visible and audible leak detector, 2 integrated and detachable hand grips, 2 Nikonos spring mounted flash bulkheads and 2 strobe arm base mounts for Seacam arms.
Note! Lens port and viewfinders are required accessories
- Silver, Seacam's surface technology
- Silver, the surface technology of SEACAM, makes it possible to do without any varnish due to an entirely new surface refinement; The sea-water resistant aluminium precision-cast is doubly hardened and compressed; Additionally protected and sealed by hard eloxal, this surface withstands severest attacks by sea-water and mechanical use
- Inside Coating
- Black flock material coats the inside of the housing; This reduces reflection and wicks away any water droplets that might enter the housing
- Two small plates are placed under each handle; These are sacrificial anodes; Any corrosion will attack here first instead of the housing
- Mechanical Controls
- The dependable controls are conveniently placed at fingertip, and kept water tight with Double O-Ring seal
- S-C-M Switch
- With a flip of a switch you could go from single servo, continuous auto focus and manual focus
- Standard Nikonos type Bulkheads
- External flash ready using Two Nikonos type sync cord connections
- Interchangeable viewfinders are available to fit your photographic style and subjects
- Multiple Lens Capability
- An assortment of interchangeable lens ports allow use of most macro, wide angle, and zoom lenses