The R-09 from Edirol/Roland is a palm-sized, two-track audio recorder ideal for musicians, journalists, and field recordists. It offers WAV or MP3 recording, 16 or 24-bit resolution, and selectable recording modes. The R-09 is equipped with a high-quality stereo condensor microphone, internal reverb effects processing, a low-cut filter and gain boost, and a manual volume control for internal or external microphone recording.
The unit records to readily-available SD cards with capacities of up to 2GB for recording hours of audio. Mic and line audio input are provided so you can record using your favorite mic or audio source. A graphic display provides vital information, and a high-speed USB 2.0 port provides communication with your Mac or PC.
- Ultra-portable design
- 24-bit uncompressed recording at 44.1 or 48kHz
- Built-in stereo condensor microphone
- Uses readily-available SD flash cards with capacities up to 2GB (64MB card included)
- IARC (Isolated Adaptive Recording Circuit) with separate power supply between limiter and A/D converter eliminates DC interference for improved overall recording
- 16 and 24-bit uncompressed WAV and compressed MP3 recording with nine selectable quality modes
- 125-minute maximum recording time (WAV) at 24-bit/44.1 kHz on 2GB SD card
- 1993-minute maximum recording time (MP3) at 16-bit/128kbps (lowest resolution), or 797 minutes at 16-bit/320 kbps (highest MP3 resolution) on a 2GB SD card
- Built-in reverb effects processor with Hall, Room and Plate types for enhanced playback
- Backlit LCD display, bar-graph metering
- Individual microphone and line inputs with dedicated level control, dynamic/condenser microphone selector switch
- Dual purpose headphone and S/PDIF optical line out with dedicated level control
- USB 2.0 port, Windows XP/2000/Me and Mac OS9.2 or Mac OSX driver support
- AC adapter, standard Alkaline AA or NiMH rechargeable battery operation with 5.5 hour playback and 4 hour recording life