The Roland VP-550 is 49-key vocal ensemble arranger and performance keyboard, that unlike a traditional vocoder or harmonizer, uses proprietary vocal-modeling technology to bring high-quality, interactive vocal sounds to a dedicated instrument.
The VP-550, which is equipped with an XLR microphone input,may be used for a wide variety of musical applications, including solo or small group musicians who need an interactive, real-time backing chorus, composers under budgetary constraints, and houses of worship in need of a choir Churches in need of a choir for services.
The VP-550 is also equipped with an ensemble section culled from string samples made in collaboration with VSL (Vienna Symphonic Library), a a well-known orchestral library manufacturer, who supplied sample wave data which was combined with Roland's proprietary sound-design technology. The unit is also equipped with high-resolution vocoder modeling, which enhances the units versatility as a pop, techno and elecctronica performance instrument.
The VP-550 is an ambitious performance instrument design for ultra-simplicity of operation; unique, practical and surprisingly affordable.
- 49-key vocal arranger keyboard for live or studio performance with velocity sensitivity and 128-voice polyphony
- For keyboard players, bands, churches and composers requiring thick harmony and choir arrangements
- Generates expressive, interactive backing vocals in real time
- Vocal Designer types include Classical, Gospel, Pops, Male/Female, vocoder
- Ensemble types include mixed chorus, jazz scat, boy's choir, humming, full strings, slow strings
- Vocal Designer and Ensemble sounds may be played simultaneously
- D Beam infrared controller for expressive, high-impact performance
- Vocoder modeler and 3-pin XLR microphone built-in
- Built-in Sound Check function 10-second recorder for vocal-model auditioning