The JLCooper MCS3 is a remote control for machines that support the MIDI Machine Control (MMC) protocol and is a central component of the MCS-Pro Series. The unit can be used to control modular digital multi-tracks and hard disc-based recorders. It can, in certain applications, also function as a control station "input device" for computer-based editing systems.
The MCS3 features a smooth, weighted and optically encoded jog shuttle wheel with concentric shuttle ring that allows the user to control audio or video effortlessly and with frame accuracy. It also includes transport buttons for Record, Play, Stop, Fast Forward and Rewind, eighteen physical buttons for a variety of editing functions and a V/Stick Navigation Control.
The MIDI/MMC version of the controller sends MIDI Machine Control messages for controlling a variety of compatible hard disk recorders and computer based editing systems. These include recorders from Alesis, Akai, Fostex, Mackie, Roland, Tascam and others. It can be coupled with the FaderMaster Pro, FM 4/100 or MCS-ProTracker to form a compact custom MIDI console.
Note! This unit uses MIDI Machine Control.
- Professional remote control for VTRs, MIDI, audio, video and multimedia software
- Provides remote transport control
- Remotely controls up to twenty-four different functions
- Balanced, optical jog wheel with shuttle ring
- Permits remote track arming
- RTZ and Shuttle Back at play speed
- Durable all metal construction