The MCS-3000 from JL Cooper is the main control section of the MCS-3000 series, and is appropriate for applications where faders are not required, or space is at a premium. The unit consists of three sections. These include an abbreviated Mixer section, with five rotary encoders and bank buttons, a Function Key section and a Transport Control section with a numeric keypad and jog/shuttle wheel.
The unit communicates via MIDI, but also allows other forms of control protocols, via two expansion slots that accept optional cards. Control options include Ethernet, USB, RS-422 9-pin for VTR control, Quad RS-422, RS-232 and GPI. The cards are user installable. A built-in time code reader/display can access SMPTE time code via a rear panel 1/4" TS phone connector.
The ability to reassign what message is sent by which controller, allows an otherwise compact unit to exercise a large amount of tactile control over multiple applications. These include audio and video recording/editing, post production, color correction, broadcast automation, slow-motion control, animation, virtual reality and lighting control, amongst others.
- Compact controller that adds tactile controls to digital audio and video workstations
- Ideal for applications where space is limited or where no faders are required
- Includes rotary encoders, function buttons and an extensive transport control section
- Reads and displays SMPTE time code
- Can be used in conjunction with other units from the MCS-3000 series to build a customized setup
- User installable, optional expansion cards allow for alternate control protocols to be used