The MLA-10 from JL Cooper is a MIDI line amplifier, featuring four MIDI inputs and four MIDI outputs that can be sent through 1,000 feet or more of common twisted pair wire. For large installations, the 50 foot limit of standard MIDI transmission can now be overcome.
The unit is suitable for school installations, recording facilitates, stadiums, arenas, hotels, amusement parks, or other facilities where MIDI messages are required to be sent a long distance, or to multiple locations. Since the MLA-10 converts the MIDI input to a proprietary format, a second unit is required at the termination of the long cable run.
- MIDI line amplifier that allows for MIDI cable runs over 1,000 foot using common twisted pair wire
- 4 MIDI input connectors
- 4 MIDI output connectors
- Detachable terminal strip connector
- MIDI activity LEDs
- Multiple units may be networked
- Can supply power to multiple MLA-1's
- Front panel power switch
- Heavy duty rack enclosure