Ambient Recording's QX5100 Quickpole Xtra Light Boom is made from the industry's strongest, stiffest carbon fiber tubing; the boom is excellent for achieving lengths of over 13' and does not tighten in cold or wet climates. Tubing has a 1.5 mm thickness that is lightweight but offers very low transmission noise when the boom is handled. At the tip is a machined, stainless steel 3/8" thread. Secure screw locks and an internal spacer enhance the boom's safety features. The Quickpole Boom can be easily disassembled for cleaning.
- Very lightweight 1 mm custom made pullwind carbon fiber tube. Stainless steel tip with special hole for easy assembly of internal cabling.
- Internal soft felt bushings ensure rattle free operation and no seizing by dirt, humidity or cold temperatures.
- When necessary collet and felt can easily be replaced by the user at minimal cost to give an "as new" feel.
- Boom sizes have been selected for travelling needs. The QX 565 fits diagonally in a Pelican case while still extending up to 2.6 meter.
- New special bottom end allows coiled cable fixture to rotate when loosened allowing the internal spiral cable to relax and remove twisting without opening the boom.
- Special fixing clamp for plug-on transmitters.