Verdant from Digital Element is a revolutionary Photoshop plug-in that allows users to add 3D natural plant and tree elements within Photoshop. Users can randomize, rotate, scale, and place plants and trees in Photoshop.
From any picture you can load Verdant and select a tree. You can then rotate, scale, and place the tree in the picture within a couple of minutes. You can also make a group of trees in any formation instantaneously by using the group mode, or randomize new trees to get exactly what you like. Furthermore, you can define one or more light source to define the shadow and a couple more lights for the shading of the tree itself. These lights can be colored.
- Embedded Photoshop Plug-in
- Verdant is a fully embedded and integrated native Photoshop plug-in - this saves time and money.
- Rotate, Scale and Place Plants or Trees
- Click on any tree in the library and start rotating, scaling, and placing them in the picture to get the right look. It's easy to make the plant or tree look right in Photoshop regardless of the angle of the picture.
- Import Plants and Trees
- Digital Element and select Greenhouse developers will offer new plants from time to time you can even request designed custom designed plants!
- Multiple Colored Lights from Any Angle
- Use Verdants easy light spinner to choose the light source. You can choose the intensity and the color of the light to add color highlights. Lights can be set to cast shadows or not to cast shadows.
- Create Shadows
- Verdant trees cast shadows automatically, and any light source can be defined as a shadow-casting light source.
- Group Mode
- Group mode is a feature unique to Verdant that allows users to create formations of plants in order to quickly rotate, scale and place them. You can create and save your own formations or use one of our presets.
- Three Display Modes
- Variable display modes let you look at the plant in wire frame, unshaded, or fully shaded so you can quickly manipulate the trees in wire frame, then modify their characteristics in unshaded mode, then finally place lighting in the shaded mode. Each mode allows for the maximum speed for the task at hand.
- Variable Shadow Render Quality
- Shadows take a long time to calculate. You can speed up work while you are modifying the shadow by adjusting the shadow render quality. You can keep the shadow render quality on low until you like the angle of the shadow then set it as high as you need and perform the final rendering.
- Full Preview Window
- Verdant has a full preview window to look at your scene before you press okay.
- Each Verdant Plant is Unique.
Verdant plants are dynamic, algorithmically generated - that means they are not a static model. Why buy five Palm trees when you can have one Palm tree with infinite variations, including age and health. You can interact with them, changing the number and size of branches, the trunk, the number and size of leaves and more. Each plant has some generic characteristics and some specific qualities unique to the plant.
Verdant supports new plants of the upcoming plant technology compatible with WorldBuilder 4.