The Sanken COS-22 is a dual capsule omnidirectional lavalier microphone designed to capture vocals, ambiance and general instruments. The capsule features dual high performance omnidirectional microphones, opening an array of possibilities such as stereo instrument and ambiance capturing for music, film and sound design applications.
The COS-22 features a 5-pin XLR output, making it an effective solution in cases where the signal must be split and routed to different devices (redundancy), a practice that is common in news gathering and anchor situations.
Noise cancelling and directional characteristics can be achieved with a field mixer by reversing the phase of one channel, before summing the two outputs to mono. The impressive sound and unusual design of the COS-22 make it a reliable utility microphone that serves well in sound design, broadcast, feature film applications and more.
- Ultra-Miniature Profile
- The COS-22 features a miniature profile for easy concealment in broadcast and film applications.
- Complete Redundancy
- The capsules are matched providing identical signal characteristics. The COS-22 is a great choice for splitting the signal into different input devices.
- High Output and Low Noise Floor
- The COS22 provides a high output and low noise floor with an extremely smooth omnidirectional pattern over a wide frequency range.
- 3 Layer Windscreen
- Built-in three layer windscreen prevents wind noise, pops and sibilance.
- High Humidity Resistance
- The capsule is designed to provide a high resistance against moisture and humidity.