The Pelican 1640 Transport Case with Foam (Desert Tan) is an unbreakable, watertight, airtight, dustproof, chemical resistant and corrosion proof hard case used to carry any kind of equipment that needs to be protected from the elements. It is made of Ultra-high Impact structural copolymer that makes it extremely strong and durable. It has a 0.25" (6.4 mm) neoprene o-ring, ABS latches that seal perfectly and includes an automatic purge valve for quick equalization after changes in atmospheric pressure.
The 1640 comes with a two side haul handles, an extension handle and strong polyurethane wheels with stainless steel bearings. It has an effortless release latch for the extension handle. The padlock protectors provide added strength and extra security against cutting and theft.
This case has a 5-piece foam set interior.
- Ultra-high Impact structural copolymer
- Watertight, crushproof, and dustproof
- Open-cell core with solid wall design
- 5-piece foam set
- Easy open double throw latches
- Stainless steel padlock protectors
- O-ring seal
- Automatic pressure equalization valve
- Stainless steel hardware
- Five-piece foam set includes; three Pick 'N Pluck foam sections, one 1.0" base foam and 1 convoluted lid foam
- Temperature rating -10 to +210°F (-23 to +99°C)
- Carrying options
- Large haul handles
- Retractable extension handle
- Four strong polyurethane wheels with stainless steel bearings
- 1640 Certificates
- IP67 (1 meter submersion for 30 minutes)
- Def Stan 81-41/STANAG 4280
- Unconditional Lifetime Guarantee of Excellence