TonePort UX2 from Line 6 is a USB interface that allows for recording guitar and bass, vocals and line level sources into a computer. Included software provides a vast array of sound shaping tools in the form of GearBox software, a premium tone front end with meticulously crafted software models of tube studio preamps, vintage guitar and bass rigs and sought after effects.
The TonePort UX2 provides dual microphone preamps with phantom power and two guitar/bass inputs. One of the inputs has a pad on it for those instruments that have a high output. Dual VU meters provide visual feedback concerning input, record send, output and monitor levels.
GearBox recreates a collection of sixteen classic and modern guitar amplifiers, twenty-four guitar speaker cabinet models, five bass amp and cabinet models, and twenty-four stompbox and studio effects that capture the range of tone found on the best tracks ever recorded.
For those that wish to record guitar and vocal track at the same time, GearBox allows for a completely different signal path for each part. That means having the same great guitar tone while the vocal gets treated to models of vintage preamps, compressors, reverb and more. And with ToneDirect monitoring, fully processed audio is available while tracking both parts.
The TonePort UX2 also comes with a special version of the popular recording application Ableton Live created for Line 6 so one can start making great sounding recordings immediately.
- USB interface with two XLR microphone phantom powered inputs, two guitar/bass inputs, stereo line inputs and balanced line and headphone outputs
- S/PDIF stereo digital output via an RCA coxial connector
- Dual VU meters assignable to input, record send, output and monitor levels
- Footswitch Jacks send MIDI commands to recording programs (start/stop, punch in/out, etc.)
- Tone Direct monitoring provides full tone low latency monitoring regardless of recording software's buffer size
- GearBox software controls TonePort and delivers a premium tone front end for all recordings
- Ableton Live Lite - Line 6 Edition, a special version of the popular recording application for making great sounding recordings
- 44.1 and 48kHz, 16 and 24-bit recording capable
- 96kHz mode with built-in sample rate conversion for simultaneous input and output
- Rock-solid ASIO, WDM and Mac OS X drivers
- USB powered