The Comet CBm-1200 battery operated professional 1200 watt/second strobe power supply is for the photographer who works on location, and in the studio. It is small and lightweight, has short flash duration for stopping action, quick recycling time, constant color temperature pop after pop, and a wide power range.
This power pack can supply each of 2 Comet heads (available separately) with power symmetrically, or asymmetrically. It will power 2- 300 watt modeling lights for 8 seconds at a time, during use. The CBm comes with one NiMH battery; a second battery may be purchased to shorten recycle time, and increase the number of pops per charge. The included charger is multi-voltage.
- Two Head Outlets
- This pack accepts any Comet CB or CX Flash Head.
- Asymmetrical Power Distribution
- Switch between equal distribution (600-600 w/s) of power, to asymmetrical (800-400 w/s), when powering 2 heads.
- Wide Power Range
- Power down from full to to minus 6.5 f-stops - 1200 to 12 w/s in 1/32 or 1/6 stop increments.
- Short Flash Duration
- Stop most movement with 1/1450 second flash duration (at minimum power).
- Multi-Voltage Charger
- 100-240 Volt AC charger replenishes each of the 24 volt/2800mA nickel-metal hydride batteries in ~2 hours (one at a time).
- One, or Two Battery Use
- Increase number of full power pops to 150 from 60, by purchasing a second battery, and inserting it into the chamber at the bottom of the pack.
- Sync Cord
- Mono Plug to PC sync cord is available separately.