The Sony MDR-DS6000 is a 2.4GHz RF wireless 5.1 surround-simulating headphone system using proprietary VPT (Virtual Phones Technology), which enables listeners to enjoy movie-theater-like "live" surround sound.
The MDR-DS6000 system offers a transmission range of over 100', and is compatible with DTS and Dolby Pro Logic II. The headphones are equipped with 40mm drivers, offering an extended frequency reproduction and a wide dynamic range.
- 2.4GHz wireless 5.1 surround headphone system with VPT virtual surround technology
- Built-in DTS, Dolby Pro Logic II, and DTS Virtual 5.1 decoders reproduce 5.1 channel sound
- Built-in Dolby Pro Logic decoder accesses surround sound tracks often included in VHS hi-fi, stereo TV, and other traditional sources, providing a "live" theater-like experience
- The 100' transmission range offers full-band, full listening enjoyment throughout the listening area, and allows user freedom of positioning
- Large 40mm headphone drivers provide extended bass reproduction and a wide dynamic range
- Unique closed-back headphones provide optimum isolation, extended frequency reproduction, and comfortable long-term use
- Comfortable adjustable headband and custom padded earcups
- NiMH battery with 7.5 hours of battery life, recharges at base/transmitter
- Digital and analog connectivity