The DP-L2 from Toa Electronics is a digital audio processor that automatically adjusts output volume in response to changing ambient noise levels. Typical applications include voice announcement systems for airports, shopping malls and restaurants.
The unit features an automatic level control (ALC) algorithm that adjusts the input signal relative to the surrounding ambient noise level, ensuring an appropriate input signal level at all times. The DP-L2 can distinguish between its own output and the surrounding ambient noise, ensuring more accurate level-setting.
Two balanced line inputs and outputs are provided along with an ambient noise sensor microphone input and a monitor output. A range of microphones may be used for detecting ambient noise, including ceiling mounted, dynamic and condenser types.
- Digital ambient noise control (ANC) function with 4-LED metering automatically makes adjustments to output gain to match changes in ambient noise levels
- Distinguishes unit output sound level from ambient noise levels for more accurate automatic noise control
- Maximum output function acts as a limiter
- Microphone input reference level adjustment function with phantom power switch
- Eight-LED input and output level metering on front panel
- A built-in key lock function protects against accidental change of settings