While 5.1 surround sound originated in cinemas and is still strongly related to the film soundtrack industry, with the introduction of DVDs, the requirement for surround sound mixing has increased exponentially.
In response to this need, Waves has released the 360° Surround Tools Native bundle, a product focused on the practical and basic tools needed to both enhance and ease the surround sound production process.
Each plug-in was specially designed to be as intuitive to use while preserving the highest possible audio processing quality. Achieving localization and enveloping ambience is easy, as is 360° of rotation, width, distance panning, reverberation and flexibly linked dynamics.
Calibration of the studio for surround mixing is also no longer a problem with the 360° Surround Tools.
360° Surround Tools Native is not supported on Pro Tools LE, Logic Audio, Digital Performer or Live 7. It functions in Native mode on Pro Tools TDM systems and as a VST plug-in for Nuendo 4 and Cubase 4.
Note: Requires an iLok if one is not present on the system.
The 360° Surround Toolkit Includes:
- Surround Manager
- Allows for calibrating the studio monitoring for standard compliant mixes. Includes flexible bass management.
- Surround Panner
- Provides rotation and width to any input. Most available solutions offer X/Y panners, but when working with a stereo source, designating the input to anywhere other then to the Left and Right channels of the surround stage will simply distort the stereo image. The Panner has a choice of pair-wise or triple-wise rotation pan pots to use speaker pairs or three-speaker panning.
- Surround Imager
- Provides rotation, width and distance panning, generating early reflections and for shuffling greater low frequency spatialization.
- Surround Reverb
- Six channels of perfectly de-correlated rich, smooth and warm reverberation with special surround controls for the front and rear.
- Surround Compressor
- Dynamic compression offering flexible channel coupling and grouping.
- Surround Limiter
- No more compromises on level or resolution by providing the L2 process in surround.
- Surround Mixdown
- Allows for deriving quad, LCR, stereo and mono mixes directly from the surround mix.
- Low-Pass Filter
- High quality, extra steep low-pass filter for the LFE channel.
- Bit Requantizer
- Increased Digital Resolution (IDR) technology for optimal bit depth reduction.