This is the Owner's Manual for the Roland MV8000 Production Studio.
The Roland MV-8000 Production studio is essentially a sampling drum machine, equipped with a 128-track MIDI sequencer offering 8 stereo tracks of linear audio recording, and onboard storage solutions comprised of a CDRW, a 3.5" floppy disk drive, and a 40 GB EIDE internal hard drive.
The MV-8000 drum machine section features 16 robust, velocity sensitive trigger pads, with aftertouch. The gracious, backlit LCD display, with its own easily accessible contrast control, enables eyestrain-free sample and sequencer editing functions, which are well supported by a variety of dedicated buttons.
The sampling section of the MV-8000 offers support of a wide variety of sample formats, in addition to WAV and AIFF file import and transfer via the USB port. The unit features combination microphone and line inputs, augmented by standard, balanced 1/4" master outs alongside a pair of digital outputs, supporting both optical and SPDIF protocols.
While the MV-8000 is certainly not the first of it's kind, the machine represents a significant advancement in the domain of all-inclusive personal production stations.
Note! This item contains the Owner's Manual ONLY
- Sampling Drum Machine and Workstation with 8-track Audio and MIDI sequencing
- Built-in floppy drive, CDRW, and 40 GB internal hard drive
- USB connectivity for computer integration, drag and drop file transfer
- 16 trigger pads with Velocity Sensitivity and Aftertouch
- Mic/Line, TRS and Phono audio inputs for linear audio recording or sampling off of vinyl
- Audio and sample playback from RAM or 8-track linear audio files from sequencer with WAV, AIFF, Akai, Roland and Acid file format support
- 128-track MIDI sequencer with seamless audio track or sample integration; audio sync-to-tempo without affecting pitch; real-time or step-time recording
- Large clear, backlit LCD with full-featured Event List or Piano Roll track editing; graphic, full-featured sample editing with re-sampling functionality
- Separate reverb and chorus/delay processing
- Dedicated multi-effects processor with COSM RSS, Guitar Multi, and Microphone modeling effects and vintage tape echo, chorus and flanger
- Onboard Mastering Toolkit section with multi-band compressor, EQ, enhancer and expander