The T-RackS VS plug-in from IK Multimedia has everything needed to create superb, tube-toned masters on the Roland VS Studio. With familiar interfaces and with algorithms based on true analog circuitry, users can enhance mix frequencies, stereo image and dynamic range.
T-RackS VS consists of two plug-ins that can be instantiated on a VS8F-3 plug-in expansion board. The first is a six-band parametric equalizer, modeled on classic analog gear with both the peaking filters covering the entire 20Hz to 20kHz audio spectrum. The VS Mastering Dynamics consists of three processors and includes a mastering tube stereo compressor, a mastering multi-band stereo limiter and a stereo soft clipping output stage.
The tube stereo compressor/leveler has been designed for mastering with a side-chain high pass filter in the compressor signal detecting chain that helps reduce "compression pumping" which is often caused by the low end content of certain program material. Individual controls are available on all three limiter bands, so that the low, mid, and high bands are individually adjustable for threshold and level.
The soft-clipping stage of the plug-in provides musical and smooth performance with variable clipping shape (from hard clip to ultra-soft) for complete control and precision.
- Four sound processors with a great sounding equalizer, compressor, limiter and the soft-clipping output stage
- Specially developed for mastering that can vastly enhance mix frequencies, broaden the stereo image as well as boost or precisely level the dynamic range
- Analog-modeled sound created with algorithms based on real analog circuitry
- 32-bit internal resolutionprovides the best possible method to physically model analog components, resulting in an amazingly real tube sound, without the noise
- Interface resembles a typical rack of hardware with analog controls