The Kino Flo Flathead 80 DMX System works very much like the vaunted Foto-Flo 400, but it delivers twice as much light. The Flathead 80 uses Kino Flo's custom Hollywood-style True Match lamps and reflector technology that displays a very soft, flattering beauty light. The fluorescent tubes (available separately) can be controlled remotely with the kit's 2 DMX-ready ballasts.
The fixture runs cool and it is lightweight enough to be hand-held or mounted directly to walls and ceilings. When fitted with 8 fluorescent tubes, this fixture will provide 85 footcandles, with a 100° spread, from a distance of 8 feet (2 m).
- Versatile Dimming
Ballast On-board 4-1-Off Lamp switch provides local dimming. DMX outlets permit more precise dimming with your DMX512 dimmer packs and control board.
A Kino Flo single channel dimmer is also available.
- Beam Control
- A special parabolic louver focuses the beam. Card-holder "bumpers" at each corner are for hanging the fixture, or for attaching foam core cutters, or black cloth.
- Individual Tube Control
- Double and single splitters, and additional cables are available, to permit even more light placement and control on the set.
- Daylight or "Tungsten" Balanced
- Fluorescent tubes of 5500 and 3200° Kelvin are available, to permit seamless incorporation to any existing lighting scheme.
- Easy Assembly
- Inserting lamps and the mounting plate is simple. For illustrated instructions, Click Here.