The Sony HDW-S280 is an HDCAM recorder ideal for field and mobile playback. The HDCAM format has been widely accepted by top professionals as the HD format of choice due to Sony's commitment in providing the highest quality solutions for the most demanding cinematographers. The CineAlta brand has become synonymous with high quality film and TV digital acquisition.
Featuring a small, lightweight frame, the HDW-S280 has legacy playback ability of all standard Sony formats including Betacam, Betacam SP, and Betacam SX. As robust as it is feature rich, the deck can record in either interlaced or progressive modes, including 24p.
- HDCAM Format
- The Sony HDCAM format has become an industry standard for high quality, manageable high definition acquisition. With its robust feature set and familiar tape-based work flow, professionals will feel right at home.
- Highly Portable
- The deck is extremely lightweight and durable and can be carried easily with the convenient handle located on the top of the casing. The face-mounted LCD for provides quick and easy viewing on-the-go. Power isn't a problem either, simply throw on a battery and take it anywhere!
- Interlace/Progressive Switchable
- The HDW-S280 can switch between both interlaced and progressive image capture modes. Interlaced gives more temporal resolution and will achieve smoother motion; this type of shooting is ideal for news gathering and sporting events. When the creative side needs to shine, switch to progressive mode. Progressive mode is ideal for dramatic work and video documentation. This level of versatility in such a small unit is unparalleled.
- Frame Accurate Editing
- Editing with digital cassette allows for frame accurate recording without the hassle of prerolling.