In addition to mastering professional-quality stereo recordings to CD-R/RW, The CR500 from Fostex also offers direct BWF (Broadcasting WAV Format) recording onto UDF-formatted discs at up to 24-bit/96kHz resolution. This results in faster-than-real-time data transfer to PC workstations using a simple "copy and paste" procedure. The CR500 is also an ideal tool for DAT backup in a standard 16-bit/48kHz format.
Playback functions of the CR500 include instant play, fader start, and built-in memory for cue point and program play for up to 100 discs. This makes the CR500 useful for a number of applications, such as event, stage, or broadcast playback.
Multiple analog and digital I/Os allow for flexible recording and playback options. An off-the-shelf USB keyboard provides easy track naming and simple transport controls.
Note: CDs recorded in BWF (UDF1.02) can be recognized only on Windows XP, not on Mac OS
- CD-DA and BWF (Stereo Poly-File) Recording
- The World's First BWF Recording to UDF Formatted Discs Allows File Transfers with "Cut and Paste" Ease.
- Up to 24-bit/96kHz Resolution
- Choose from 16-bit @ 44.1kHz or 48kHz and 24-bit @ 44.1, 48, 88.2 or 96kHz.
- Front-Panel USB Port
- Allows Connection of Standard PC USB Keyboard for Easy File Name Editing and Simple Transport Controls.
- Exceptional Accuracy and Integrity
- High-Precision Laser Technology Ensures Recordings are of the Highest Quality.
- Multiple Analog/Digital I/Os
- AES/EBU, S/PDIF, XLR, and RCA Inputs and Outputs Provide Flexibility for Recording and Playback.
- Fader Start
- For Playback Applications in a Broadcast Environment.
- Instant Play, Program Play and Cue Points
- Up to 99 Songs Per Disc, 10 Memory Points Per Disc and Instant Play are Ideal for Event and Installation Playback.