Nikon Capture NX is advanced software for simpler, more intuitive full-scale digital image processing and editing. Featuring patented U Point technology from Nik Software, gives digital photographers more powerful tools complimented by simple and visual operation for exploring NEF, JPEG and TIFF files potential for optimizing images.
Advancing the world-acclaimed Nikon Capture concept, Capture NX makes image processing of JPEG and TIFF files created by other cameras elegant and easy enough for any photographer to implement*. A user-friendly interface makes image editing more visually intuitive and provides access to all necessary enhancement tools. With performance, versatility and convenience it is the perfect match to any Nikon digital camera, as well as for any other camera brand that produces JPEG and TIFF files.
- U Point Technology
- U Point technology is revolutionary in how it uses Control Points to help realize results envisioned in the editing process. Using NEF files for optimal performance, Control Points allow photographers to select and isolate an entire image or selected areas within the image for enhancement, without the complications required by other photo editing software. Enhancements can be instantly cancelled or added with ease, without compromising the original quality of the image, and U Point control is perfectly compatible with each NEF file's Instruction Set.
- Sophisticated Edit List
- The Edit List is the master control list of Capture NX features and enhancements. Anything that affects an image will have an Edit List entry, and every entry can be removed, altered, or duplicated from this list. The Edit List automatically organizes each entry by Step. During initial editing, one or more Steps can be turned on or off at any time, enabling monitoring and comparing the consequent effect on an image. For NEF files, the steps can be turned on and off even after the file is saved and reopened.
- Powerful Image Browser
- Advanced functions of the Capture NX Browser include labeling, sorting and editing. Most Capture NX features are accessible via the Browser, for making quick adjustments directly through each image thumbnail, or even on multiple images simultaneously. Images selected among thumbnails can be opened from the Browser into the Editor.
- Improved Batch Processing
- Batch processing automatically applies enhancements to a series of images, and is especially useful for applying a predefined series of adjustments to several images at once.
- Selective Tools
- In response to growing demand among Nikon Capture 4 software users, Capture NX includes valuable Selective tools, and features a choice of positive or negative application of selective tools for enhancements including Brush, Lasso and Marquee (four kinds), Gradient and Fill/Remove.
- Color Management Control
- The Color Management performance has been reinforced, for advanced control of how colors from an image correspond to colors that a printer can produce. Options for this feature include Perceptual, Saturation, Relative Colorimetric and Absolute Colorimetric.
- Advancing the Convenience of Nikon Capture 4
- Capture NX inherits advanced functions including Color Aberration Control, D-Lighting, Image Dust Off, Vignette Control and Fisheye-to-Rectilinear Image Transformation.
- Improved Noise Reduction
- Improved noise reduction features the latest, most advanced Nikon algorithms. New Distortion Control has been added to reduce pincushion and barrel distortion effects.
- Compatible with the Nikon Total Imaging System
As part of Nikon's Total Imaging System comprising cameras, lenses, Speedlights, film scanners, accessories and related software, Capture NX extends limitless possibilities in the world of Nikon photography.
*Some Capture NX functions apply to NEF files only.