Compass from Sibelius is a software program to help students learn how to compose. It includes lessons, worksheets and self-tests covering a wide range of topics, leading on to complete composition projects.
For each lesson, students study relevant interactive topics, test themselves with the built-in quiz and try out what they've learned in the "Tracker." Topics include melody, harmony, scales, rhythm, dynamics, transformations, timbre, texture and form.
The software is suitable for students in high school and college.
- Extensive lessons and composition projects in the art of composition
- Covers a wide range of styles
- Unique "Tracker" educational sequencer
- Includes 1,200 motives to use (e.g. chord sequences, rhythms, scales), plus tools to create canons, inversions, ostinati etc., and combine material in new ways
- Thirty-three quizzes, marked automatically
- Music developed in the Tracker can be transferred to Sibelius or any sequencer
- Supports MENC and QCA standards