When daylight dims and shadows deepen, the X Factor of the Vortex Viper 12x42 binocular goes to work for you. Rivaling higher-priced European binoculars, XD glass, XR coatings, and phase-corrected prisms deliver extra-high resolution and increased light transmittance- rendering brighter views than one would expect from binoculars in this class.
Vortex knows there will be times when it's just plain hard to keep a handle on things ... that's why the Vipers feature XP engineering. This design anchors the prisms in place, in spite of rough handling, for years of exceptional viewing. Let it rain. Let it snow. Let the wind blow up a dust storm. Nothing gets past the Viper- these binoculars are absolutely dust proof, fog proof, and waterproof.
- XR multi-layer coatings deliver superb resolution and light transmittance
- Xtra-low dispersion glass brings out fine detailing and natural colors
- Complete waterproof protection keeps dust and water out of the optical system with tight O-ring seals
- Argon filled housing ensures fogproof performance in dynamic climates
- Ribbed rubber armor ensures a solid, comfortable grip even when wearing gloves
- Metal-reinforced eyecups are tough and durable