The Hasselblad CFV Digital Back provides seamless integration between your existing Hasselblad gear and the digital domain, maintaining both form and function along the way - thus turning this camera system into a new digital workhorse. Digital capture is based upon the unique Hasselblad RGB color space, extended with tools for powerful digital workflow control with the Hasselblad Instant Approval Architecture.
- Seamless Digital Capture with the Hasselblad V Series Cameras
- The CFV Digital integrates seamlessly with Hasselblad V series cameras -- particularly the 503 model. The high-end 16 megapixel back has a sensor that is 50% larger than full frame 35mm DSLRs, and turns the classic Hasselblad camera into a digital workhorse, while classic retro features round off the package.
- Unique Hasselblad RGB Color
- Color management solutions have in the past imposed limitations on professional digital photographers, because of the forced choice of a specific color profile to suit the job: capturing various skin tones, metals, fabrics, flowers etc. To combat this, Hasselblad has developed a new, powerful color profile to be used with its FlexColor imaging software. Working with the new Hasselblad RGB color profile enables you to produce outstanding, reliable out-of-the-box colors, with skin tones, special product gradations, and other difficult colors reproduced effectively.
- 3F RAW (3FR) File Format
The 3F RAW file format is designed to ensure that images captured on Hasselblad digital products are quickly, effectively and safely stored on the available media (CF card, Imagebank, etc). The file format includes lossless image compression saving 33% of storage space. The 3FR file defines the colors in the Hasselblad RGB color space with its out-of-the-box quality, and used in FlexColor it removes both the need for experimenting with different color profiles to get optimal colors and the need for selective color corrections.
The 3FR files can be converted directly into Adobe's raw image format DNG (Digital NeGative), bringing this technology standard to the professional photographer for the first time. The DNG file format enables raw, compressed image files to be opened directly in Adobe Photoshop. This allows photographers to operate quickly and efficiently, reducing the "downtime" taken to process image data and enabling final images to reach the client more quickly. Furthermore, Hasselblad image files carry a full set of metadata, including capture conditions, keywords and copyright, facilitating work with image asset management solutions.
- Instant Approval Architecture
- Limitless digital image capture loses some of its potential if the photographer cannot quickly review and select the best images to present to the client. In response, Hasselblad has created Instant Approval Architecture (IAA), an enhanced set of feedback tools, designed to liberate the photographer to focus on the shoot rather than the selection process. IAA triggers audible and visible signals for each image captured, telling the photographer immediately whether the image has a red, amber or green light status. The information is recorded both in the file and in the file name, providing a quick and easy way to classify and select images, in the field or in the lab. A large, enhanced OLED display in the new Hasselblad products provides a realistic, high quality and perfect contrast image view, even in bright sunlight, to allow instant on-site image approval.
- Three Modes of Operation and Storage
- Optimum portability and image storage are critical for the professional photographer. The Hasselblad 503CWD offers a choice of the portable CF card storage, tethered operation with extended, special capture controls or optionally the flexible Imagebank. With these three operating and storage options, the photographer is able to select a mode to suit the nature of the work at hand, whether in the studio or on location.
- FlexColor Workflow for the Specialist Commercial Photographer
- FlexColor offers an image processing workflow with the highest degree of control for the studio photographer. In tethered operation tools like live video and overlay masking help bring productivity to advanced set composition. The newest FlexColor version allows the photographer to manipulate color temperature and compare image details across multiple images for precise image selection. FlexColor works on the basis of the raw 3FR files generated by the Hasselblad 503CWD. FlexColor runs natively on both Macintosh and Windows computers and is licensed to allow you to provide free copies for all your co-workers and production partners.
- Modular Design
- A clean and dust-free sensor is essential and the modular design of the camera allows for easy access to and cleaning of the sensor, saving you hours of retouching work later.