AcousticTool Level 3 (ACTL3) from RPG, is a top-level, pre-engineered Class A Fire Rated acoustic room correction package in an aesthetically pleasing, red accent fabric finish. The ACTL3 solves all of the fundamental acoustic problems present by small room environments but places even more emphasis on enhanced diffuse reflections and increased low frequency control than what can be achieved with the ACTL2 package.
Components of the package include the Flatffusor panel for "first-reflection" and "bass build-up" control. A combination diffuser/absorption panel that looks very much like a fabric wrapped absorptive panel, the Flatffusor simultaneously provides uniform sound diffusion at high and mid-band frequencies and crosses over to pure absorption below the diffusive cutoff. Using advanced mathematics, RPG created the "binary mask," a flat panel with a very specific grating pattern. The mask is attached to the face of a semi rigid fiberglass panel and the whole is upholstered to completely conceal its acoustical functionality.
The Abflector is an internally hinged, upholstered absorptive panel that absorbs interfering reflections over a broad range of frequencies. The panel ships flat for economy, but installs as a splayed wedge with a Variable Depth Air Cavity (VDAC,) that is, with most of the absorptive material away from the boundary surface for improved low frequency absorption. This method of mounting improves bass response, increases the angle of incidence and deflects high frequencies.
The Skyline is a two dimensional diffuser that is designed to diffuse interfering rear wall reflections and provide a diffuse sound field in smaller rooms and where available wall depth is often limited due to equipment location and other furnishings. Molded from high density Caril-F flame-retardant grade high density expanded polystyrene, the panels work on the two dimensional optimized primitive-root reflection phase grating principle, using an array of rectangular phase blocks.
The design of the ACTL3 is based primarily on 14 x 10 x 8 foot high room. By augmenting the basic package with additional items, any room size up to 19 x 19 feet can be treated. The package includes all mounting hardware required for installation.
- Combination diffuser and absorber panel
- Provides high frequency diffusion in the form of a shallow depth flat panel in situations where space is limited
- Acoustical functionality is concealed with an upholstered decorative fabric
- Can be used to cover large areas without creating an acoustically "dead" space
- Class A flame retardancy
- Simultaneously offers diffusion and moderate mid-band absorption
- Internal hinge allows the panel to be mounted with a Variable Depth Air Cavity (VDAC.) This mounting method eliminates the expense of field installed spacing systems for flat panels
- Forms a splayed side wall surface, which increases the effective panel thickness and also deflects interfering reflected sound away from the sweet spot
- The different length panel segments form a visually interesting architectural look, which adds elegance to a rectangular room
- Class A flame retardancy
- Two dimensional high density Caril-F polystyrene diffuser panel
- Controls reflections while providing an ambient sound field
- Flat white painted finish