Well balanced acoustical designs should contain an appropriate combination of absorption, reflection and diffusion. In many applications limited budget or surface treatment thickness preclude the use of diffusion. As a solution, absorptive panels are specified for lack of an alternative and a wide area application may lead to an acoustically "dead" environment without "air" or ambiance.
The Flatffusor from RPG is a 23.625" x 23.625" x 1" combination diffuser/absorption panel that looks very much like a fabric wrapped absorptive panel but which simultaneously provides uniform sound diffusion at high and mid-band frequencies and crosses over to pure absorption below the diffusive cutoff.
Using advanced mathematics, RPG created the "binary mask," a flat panel with a very specific grating pattern. The mask is attached to the face of a semi rigid fiberglass panel and the whole is upholstered in a decorative fabric to completely conceal its acoustical functionality.
The Flatffusor panel is ideal for any facility that needs reflection control from a decorative, upholstered, thin and cost effective wall or ceiling panel. Installation is quick and easy with the use of construction adhesive or the supplied impaling clips to mount the panel to walls or ceiling.
- Combination diffuser and absorber panel
- Provides high frequency diffusion in the form of a shallow depth flat panel in situations where space is limited
- Offers an alternative to higher priced 1 dimensional and 2 dimensional broad bandwidth diffusers, which require greater surface depth
- Acoustical functionality is concealed with an upholstered decorative fabric
- Can be used to cover large areas without creating an acoustically "dead" space
- Can be used to provide acoustic gain in conference rooms, classrooms and auditoriums to improve speech intelligibility and reduce fatigue
- Highly effective in creating a passive surround sound mixing environment for all 5.1 formats
- Class A flame retardancy