The VariScreen from RPG is an upholstered free standing, variable acoustics screen that offers absorption on one side, diffsorption on the other and can form a Variable Depth Air Cavity (VDAC) for bass control. The screen consists of two hinged 2 foot wide panels that can be positioned and adjusted to enclose an air space between the screen and a wall, thus creating the VDAC to control low frequency modal problems.
The VariScreen is designed for difficult to treat rooms in which surface application is not possible and flexibility is paramount. Acoustically problematic trade show demo rooms are easily tamed with the VariScreen as well as almost any critical listening space. By adjusting the position, distance from the wall and the Variable Depth Air Cavity, the VariScreen can be used to control even the most problematic rooms.
The VariScreen is a free standing panel that is available in 96, 72 and 48 inch heights. The screen supports itself by adjusting the panel opening angle. Corner mounting is also very effective for low frequency control. The screen can also be used as free-standing screens in front of windows, or as room dividers. Optional ball casters are available to ease mobility. When not in use, the screen stores flat.
- Free standing, 72" high, two-panel acoustical screen
- Offers pure absorption or a combination of high frequency diffusion and mid-frequency absorption (diffsorption) for reflection control with ambiance
- By adjusting the position, distance from the wall and the Variable Depth Air Cavity, the screen can be used to control even the most problematic rooms
- Can be used in applications that require temporary treatment like trade show exhibit rooms or where wall mounting is not possible
- Allows almost any type of space to be treated by simply placing units next to one another for unlimited versatility and flexibility
- Offers an aesthetic design element as well as a flexible acoustical element
- Stores flat
- Class A flame retardancy